Our mission is to support legislation for screening, diagnosis and treatment clinics, and receive appropriations. We are an advocate organization that will support bills which will provide full scale services for people with ASD and related Neurodevelopmental Disorders and their families. Participants include representatives of the primary agencies and providers serving people with ASD in Nevada, representatives of higher education, and parents of people with ASD, all collaborating together for change and reform thru private enterprise.
Our goal is to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorder in the state of Nevada. The Autism Coalition of Nevada aims to bring the autism community together as one strong voice to urge the government and private sector to listen to our concerns and take action to address this crisis. It is our firm belief that, working together, we will accomplish what is needed.
As a coalition, we will:
- Provide a forum for ASD groups throughout the state the opportunity to meet with each other
- Combine resources to develop and implement autism awareness and advocacy
- Provide information to and between agencies and other interested groups regarding conferences, seminars, meetings and other events
- Provide a communication network throughout the state to assist persons seeking information and referral
In addition, ACON provides support for the basic, common purposes of all the participating autism advocacy groups including:
- To educate and inform lay and professional people and interested agencies about autism and related disorders
- To provide information, referral, and support to persons with autism, their families, caregivers, and interested professionals
- To encourage and support research into causes, improved diagnosis, therapy, and interventions for autism and related disorders
- To provide public awareness on ASD
- To provide information on evidenced-based treatments
We will also pursue changes through non-legislative means. Whatever it takes, we will do.
The Autism Coalition of Nevada was founded by Ralph Toddre President and C.O.O. of Sunbelt Communications Company.